Dr McLean manages all shoulder conditions
Dr McLean has a special interest in shoulder conditions and has advanced, international sub-specialty training in arthroscopic (key-hole) shoulder surgery; shoulder joint replacement surgery; and reconstructive shoulder surgery.
Some common shoulder surgeries that Dr McLean performs
- All-arthroscopic, minimally-invasive rotator cuff repairs, stabilisations, labral tears, impingement and biceps surgery
- Muscle-preserving approaches for total shoulder replacements and reverse total shoulder replacements
- Revision shoulder replacement surgery
- Bone transfer and structural bone grafting surgery for major instability
- Tendon transfers and reconstructive surgery for "irreparable" shoulder disorders
- All fractures (broken bones) around the humerus, scapula, glenoid and clavicle bones
Patient resources for shoulder conditions
Check out Dr McLean’s articles on shoulder related information and post surgery information.
Many shoulder surgeries can be performed using minimally invasive techniques. Read more about arthroscopic surgery.